You Can Be a
By: Trevor L., Sydney S., Abbie J., and Sarah S.
Did you know that you don't have to be famous or grown-up to be a hero? Kids can be heroes too. What's it mean to be a hero? You don't have to rescue someone from a burning building or wear a fancy suit. Heroes have special qualities such as honesty, responsibility, respect, perseverance, determination, and courage. I bet you have many of those qualities too!
1. A hero is someone who helps other people, or helps to make other people's lives better.
2. A hero is a person who tries to make the world a better place.
3. A hero is a person who does something that is more than what is expected.
4. A hero is someone that doesn't do something for his or her own problems but for the benefit of others.
5. A hero is a person that doesn't want to be a hero just to be famous.
What's your definition of a hero?
1. Help older people around the neighborhood- rake the leaves for them, or just help them walk down the stairs.
2. Help tutor someone that is having trouble in school-tell them what to do on a math problem, or help them find out how to spell a word.
3. Help keep the environment in good shape by picking up trash or planting a tree.
4. Do something that you don't really want to do to make a person happy. Could you help your parents with the cooking or cleaning?
5. Volunteer your time at an animal shelter or library.