Old Yeller Part 2 Chapter 5 - 8
1. What does Little Arliss save?
b) bullet shells
d) every living creature he can put in his pockets
2. How does Old Yeller save Little Arliss's life?
a) He chases away the buck.
b) He attacks the mother bear.
c) He kills the copperhead.
d) He drags Little Arliss away from the bulls.
3. How does Old Yeller protect the family from the angry mother bear?
a) He keeps the bear busy so the family can get to safety.
b) He attacks the bear cutting its jugular vein.
c) He chases the bear across the meadow.
4. How does Travis's feelings towards Old Yeller change after the bear fight?
a) Travis locks up Old Yeller so he can't get near Little Arliss.
b) Travis whips Old Yeller for causing harm to Little Arliss.
c) Travis is ready to shoot Old Yeller for getting Little Arliss in the middle of a bear fight.
d) After Old Yeller saves Little Arliss's life, Travis does everything he can to show he likes Old Yeller.
5. Who is Bud Searcy?
a) the owner of Old Yeller
b) a neighbor who comes with gossip and wanting a free meal
c) the preacher in the community
d) a traveling salesman
6. Why does Lisbeth promise not to tell on Old Yeller for stealing?
a) She doesn't want Old Yeller to be whipped.
b) She wants the townspeople to think a wolf is stealing the food.
c) She has a crush on Travis.
d) Her dog is going to have Old Yeller's pups.
7. What is hydrophobia?
8. How does Travis keep Old Yeller from stealing food?
a) He puts him in a pen at night.
b) Old Yeller sleeps in the boys' room at night.
c) Travis ties Old Yeller to the fence post.
d) Old Yeller is locked in the barn.
9. How was Travis able to break the Spot heifer so she could be milked?
a) He let Old Yeller bite her nose.
b) He tied all four of her legs to the stall.
c) He blindfolded her.
10. What trade does Burn Sanderson make with Little Arliss?
a) Arliss can have Old Yeller for all the bugs and snakes in his pocket.
b) Arliss can have Old Yeller until his pa returns.
c) Arliss can have Old Yeller if his mother will invite him to dinner.