Stone Fox Chapter 4
1. Describe what Clifford Snyder looked like.
a) dressed in overalls; beard; big man
b) dressed like he was going to a wedding;droopy mustache; short
c) dress in buckskins; long hair; tall
2. Describe how Clifford Snyder behaved.
a) kind and helpful
b) friendly and warm
c) mean and bossy
3. Why had Clifford Snyder come to see Grandfather?
a) to collect money Grandfather owed to the general store
b) to give Grandfather a gift
c) to collect the taxes on the farm
4. Why does Searchlight act in an unusual way when she sees Clifford Snyder?
a) Clifford yelled at Searchlight.
b) Clifford pointed a gun a Searchlight.
c) Clifford kicked Searchlight.
5. How did Grandfather behave while Clifford Snyder was at his house?
6. How much money did Grandfather owe in taxes?
7. Why is the chapter titled "The Reason"?
a) This chapter explains the reason Willy hates strangers.
b) This chapter gives Willy a reason to move to town.
c) This chapter gives Willy a reason to sell the farm.
d) This chapter explains why Grandfather is sick.