Setnet was a very popular board game in Egypt. Everyone played it. For your enjoyment we have all the rules. You can make your own board with Egyptian symbols on it!
To get his/her piece around and off the board before his/her opponent does.
1. If you throw a 1,4, or a 6 you get another throw. The Egyptians used four sticks, each with a flat side and a rounded side, instead of dice.
2. Pieces move up and down lengthwise; row one , left to right; row two, right to left; row three, left to right.
3. If your land of an occupied space, your opponent goes to the square you came from.
4. You cannot have two of your pieces occupy the same square. Yet if they are next to one another, they may not be attacked (see rule 3).
5. If you have three pieces in a row, an opponent may not pass it.
6. If you land on the square marked you must go back to the space marked by an Egyptian symbol (A). If that is occupied, you must go back to start.
7. If you land on a square with symbols B, C, D, or F, you are safe from attack.
8. You may not move any of you pieces off the board until all you pieces are off the first row.