|You can really reduce the chances of you and your friend from drowning or being hurt if you follow a few safety tips when in or around water.|
|At the Beach...|
|1. Make sure an adult is watching you swim.
2. Don't swim in the dark. That's when sharks like to swim!
3. Watch your flags! When the flag is green, it's okay to swim. When the flag is yellow, it's a warning. When the flag is red, DON'T go in the water!
4. Don't swim out too far.
5. Don't swim too close to piers.
6. Watch out for rocks.
|At the Pool...|
|1. If you have just eaten it is best to wait 30 minutes before swimming.
2. Don't try to hold your breath under water too long.
3. Whatever you do, don't dive in the shallow end!
4. If you don't have protective goggles, do not open your eyes.
5. Don't chew gum while you swim.
6. Walk slowly in the pool area. Don't run!
7. Always obey pool rules.
8. Don't push or jump on others. You could accidently hurt someone or yourself.
9. Never swim when you hear thunder or see lightning.
|The reason we have given you this info is because we don't want you to be a victim of drowning!|
Read My Story
Return To The Super Safety Site
Take My Quiz