We hope you enjoy making your "edible" play dough and sorcerers stone candy!
"EDIBLE" Play dough
1/3 cup margarine (stick kind only) at room temperature"EDIBLE" Peanut butter Playdough
1/3 cup light Karo syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1 box (1 lb.) powdered sugar
2-3 drops of food coloring
Mix first 4 ingredients until combined. Add sugar and knead until smooth. Divide dough into 2 to 4 balls and add food coloring. Wrap balls in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
You can use coconut, chocolate chips, raisins, M & M's, and sprinkles to your creations!!!
2 cups smooth peanut butterCRYSTAL Candy
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups dried mild
2/3 cup honey
Mix all the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
You can add Rice Krispies, coconut, chocolate chips, Runts, and M & M's to your creations!!!
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
2 heatproof glass jars or small bowls with covers
dull table knife
1. Put the sugar into the pot. Add the water, but DO NOT stir the mixture!
2. Let the mixture come to a boil and let it boil for 1 minute, still DO NOT stir the mixture.
3. While the mixture is boiling, add 2 - 4 drops of RED food coloring.
4. Carefully pour the mixture into one or two glass jars or small bowls.
5. Cover the containers. Let them sit for two weeks without touching the jars. (Patience is required!!!) As the water evaporates from the sugar mixture, crystals will slowly begin to form. Observe the candy every day. If you see a sugary crust forming on the surface of the water, gently tap the jar or bowl with a dinner knife to break the crust so that the water can continue to evaporate. DO NOT SHAKE, RATTLE, OR ROLL THE CONTAINERS FOR TWO WEEKS.
6. When the crystals are the size you want, use the table knife to separate the candy from the container. Then, enjoy eating a piece!!!
Return to HOGWARTS