Mechanical Advantage of the Levers
|To find the MA of a lever, divide the effort arm length by the resistance arm length.
MA = effort arm length / resistance arm length
Interpret the diagram to answer the questions.
|1. What is the length of the resistance arm?
2. What is the length of the effort arm?
3. What is MA of the see saw above?
4. What is the resistance force in the diagram?
5. How much effort force would be needed to overcome the resistance force?
6. Is this a first, second, or third class lever?