Home > Study
> Physical Environment
I think that every one should know a good environment is needed to study (otherwise
there's no need to have self-study room in library). But do you know which type
of room suits you to study? Well, In my opinion, it depends on you. But the
room must have a basic standard:
- No need to have a large room but it is better to have a window to outside.
- A bright decoration in the room can make a person have more power to concentrate.
- Sufficient Sunlight supply is recommended, otherwise a good light source
from the lamp is required.
- It is better NOT to have air conditioned room, but instead richly supplied
with fresh air, if possible.
- Some ornaments that can make you feel better can put it on the room, but
it is an optional (e.g. green plants).
- The study environment should be silent.
And there are several facts need to be bear in mind:
- Some people like to read books (or revise school works) lying on the bed
or leaning on the table. This is not a good behaviour, since it is easy to
get tired, so you must have a chair and table (For choosing table and chair,
please read below)
- Also some people like to have some snacks, or starts their music player
when studying. This is a wrong way to study. Although it can reduce the stress
from study, but it will affect you concentrate on your work, so this type
of studying should be avoided.
- It is better to choose daytime, especially morning to study since you will
have more power, also a better environment from outside.