Home > Health > Diet > Healthy Eating
Why is breakfast important?
It is important to bet all the nutrients you need every day, but two meals a day may not do it. Breakfast provides the opportunity of having a high nutrient meal. You can have breakfast cereal and milk, and you can get more vitamins and minerals for your needs.
- choose lean meat as much as possible
- trim off visible fat
- skin chicken
- eat more fish of all kinds
- try not to fry the fish
- choose skimmed or semi-skimmed milk
- full fat milk should be given to under two year olds
- eat more cereal foods of all kinds
- choose whole meal varieties of bread
- spread less butter or margarine
- avoid high-sugar breakfast cereals