Methods for detection and measurement of stress
The basic methods for stress detection and measurement are listed below. Best measurement and diagnosis is achieved by the combined use of them all.
- Measurement of adrenaline and cortisol levels in blood
- Measurement of skin conductivity
- Measurement of pupils' diameter
Certain symptoms of stress can be detected by a myriad of other devices and methods, but those symptoms are typical of other conditions, too. The above mentioned methods detect exactly stress specific symptoms. We have listed below some alternative methods:
- measurement of heart and respiration rate
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
To learn more about Magnetic Resonance Imaging go to:
- The Bulgarian "NeuroLab B" device
This device had been used in the "Mir" space station. It detects stress reaction by changes in voice.
- corona discharge photography(Kirlian photography)
This is a relatively new and original method, which has raised much controversy about its application in medicine. Opinions range from rejection of its efficacy to hopes that it can detect ailments, such as cancer in their very early stage. To learn about it go to:
http://kirlian.da.ru/(in Russian with many links to sites in English)
http://www.hispanidad.sp.ru/efecto.htm (in Spanish)
suggest additional material/new interpretations on the subject