you" or post-interview letter can separate you from the crowd
because very few people send them. Thank the interviewer for
their time and consideration and say what a pleasure it was
to meet with them. See the Sample Post-Interview Letter Format
below for suggested details to include in your letter.
Post-interview Letter Format
- Your Name
- Street Address (incl. Apartment
- City, State and Zip code
- Country (if other than the
- Telephone, Fax Number &
- Company's Name
- Employer's Name
- Employer's Title
- Employer's Division
- Company's Street Address
(and Suite No.)
- Company's City, State and
- Company's Country (if other
than the USA)
- Date of Writing
- (Title) Employer's Name:
- Thank her/him for the interview
- be specific about date, time and place.
- Tell the employer that it
was a pleasure to meet with them.
- State again the title or
the position you are interested in.
- State why you are interested
in the position and working for that employer.
- Tell them that you are ready
for the challenge, how you are perfect for the position, or
specifically how you can be beneficial to the employer.
- Tell them you are enclosing
copies of any requested materials; e.g., transcripts, DD 214,
- Tell them your address and
number should they need any additional information.
- Tell them that you expect
to hear from them soon.
- Thank them for their time
- Sign your name by hand (over
a typed signature) and use "Sincerely".
- Suggested Enclosure(s): Resume,
Completed Employment Application (if applicable), and writing
or other work samples (again if appropriate).