The curriculum is specifically designed to benefit
autistic children. It concentrates on the following areas:
- Language and communication
- Motor movement
Their curriculum follows six outcomes, they are:
- To communicate effectively using whatever mode of
communication is possible.
- Establish and maintain social relationships.
- To be able to manage behaviour and emotions
- To develop learners understanding, thinking and
problem solving abilities through the use of all available senses and experiences.To
manage activities of daily living as independently as possible.
- To be able to take part in recreational activities and
work in the community
Their teaching methods are designed specifically for
those with autism.
They are also Western Cape Education Department
A view of the hostel and