Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Cape Mazaar Society?
It is a Cape based Kramat (Mazaar) Society, started in 1982, which is devoted to renovating and maintaining Kramats that fall under their care.
2. Why do people visit Kramats?
It is spiritually beneficial to partake in the remembrance.
3. Why is a Kramat covered with brightly coloured cloths?
So as to distinguish, and also as a sign of recognition, what graves are Kramats.
4. Why is it important to maintain an etiquette when visiting a Kramat?
This is because the mercy and blessings of Allah descend with the remembrance of the Auliyah and the blessing of Allah descend at their graves. Thus one should maintain utmost respect when visiting the shrines.
5. How is the Society funded?
The Mazaar Society is funded by public generosity and donations. If you are interested in making a donation click here.