the site >>> references and citations >>>
- Images of Amanita muscaria specimens, Barbiturates, Benzodiazepines, coca leaves and powder, cocaine, codeine, crack, cannabis specimens, Coffea arabica, Datura stramonium, Dimethyltryptamine crystals, DMT, mate, Lophophora williamsii specimens, LSD blotters, Mandrake officinarum specimen, nutmeg, Papaver somniferum, Paganum harmala (various forms), Piper methysticum, Psilocybe mexicana specimen, cacao and Virola calophylla from www.lycaeum.org, Gary Bense "Gluckspilz" firstname.lastname@example.org, July 2001. Email message.
- Images of 2D-structures of 2C-B, 2C-T-7, 4-MA, 5-MeO-DIPT, chlorodiazepoxide, Clonozepam, cocaine, DMT, DOB, DOET, DOM, Flunitrazepam, GHB, harmaline, harmine, mescaline, nitrous oxide, Piper mythisticum (Cava-Cava), psilocybin, strychnine have been also borrowed from www.lycaeum.org, Gary Bense "Gluckspilz", email@example.com, July 2001. Email message.
- Images of 2D-structures of atropine, bufotenine, caffeine, diazepam, ethanol, ibogaine, LSD, MDA, MDMA, MDEA, methamphetamine, morphine, nicotine, scopolamine and TMA were scanned from the book of Julian Karadgov - "Narkoticite - pochti vsichko za tiah", with the written permission of the author.
- Statistics and text on medicinal treatment borrowed from http://www.nida.nih.gov, Public Information & Liaison Branch Office of Science Policy & Communications, Sheryl Massaro, firstname.lastname@example.org, July 2001. Email message.
- Images of Vin Mariani, Coca-Cola Label, opium pipe, coca wine and cocaine toothache drops from http://www.AddictionScience.net, Michael A. Bozarth, email@example.com, August 2001. Email message.
Electronic Sources > Text or Multimedia from Web Pages, FTP sites, Telnet
Printed materials > Periodicals
Printed materials > Part of a book
- Prof. Dr. Uzunov, Petko "Spravochnik na medicinskite sredstva", Sofia: Medicina i fizkultura,1994 pp. 6-16, 42-49, 69-74, 126-129
The Team is very much in debt to Mr. Vl. Kachakliev - the owner of the one and only "Commune for Drug-addicts" in Bulgaria. His assistance and cooperation is appreciated by all of us. Except from him, another materials (photos, letters and text) about the commune were gathered and synthesized, with the permission of the parents of the commune attendants.
We also want to thank the boys and their mothers, who agreed to be interviewed and who retold their stories and enabled us to comprehend more fully the influence of drugs over the life of ordinary people. They asked us not to reveal their real names before the wide public and this is exactly what we are going to do. We intend to keep our promise and therefore any speculations concerning their true identity are totally unsubstantial.
The members of the Team are also grateful to the following physicians, who granted us with their knowledge concerning particular areas of the human body and its reactions towards narcotics.
Dr. J. Karadgov - Doctor of Bio-chemistry of the brain
Dr. G. Momova, M.D. - psychotherapist
Dr. P. Asparuhova, M.D - in charge of a toxicological ward in St. Anna's hospital, Varna, Bulgaria
Dr. R. Angelov, M.D. - assistant in EVA labs, Varna, Bulgaria
Dr. J. Zayakova, M.D. - in charge of "Plastic Surgery" in St. Clementina's hospital, Varna, Bulgaria
Dr. L. Stoianova M.D. - specialized in internal diseases
Dr. E. Gileva. M.D. - currently working as a GP
Another source, which we used while preparing our entry and which should be mentioned, is the gallery exhibition, which was held by the Police force in Varna, Bulgaria.
The next person to thank is again Dr. R. Angelov, who let us watch a documentary film, shot in the Russian subway levels. The film, describing the life of drug-addicts, who live down there, is actually part of the restricted archive of the institution, where Dr. Angelov works and therefore we are very thankful for his permission.
The team would like also to acknowledge Martin Karbovski - a journalist, who was the initiator of a public discussion on drugs, from which we learned a lot. It was his contacts, which later eased our work.
We should not forget also the institutions and their representatives, who were so kind to aid us in the course of our work:
"Clinic for Psychic Health" - Varna, Bulgaria
"Commune for Drug-addicts" - Sofia, Bulgaria
University of Medicine - Varna, Bulgaria
"St. Anna's Hospital" - Varna, Bulgaria
"St. Clementina's Hospital" - Varna, Bulgaria
Central Commission for contractions against antisocial manifestations of juvenile and minors, assigned by the cabinet council of Bulgaria
The members of the Team would also like to thank our coach Mrs.Viktoryia Nikolova, who did her best to guide and encourage us through the entire project.
And at the end, we wouldn't have completed our entry without the help of our close friends and relatives, each of them, helping us with what he/she can. Special thanks go to: