>> Types of Anti-Virus Software
Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2001
- overhwhelming top choice among many PC users.
- consistent ability to catch every virus thrown at it.
- easy-to-use interface
- free updates available for download.
- however, known to take up vital system resources and reduce
performance of machine.
- long scanning time
- internet update fee of US$4 annually
Trend Micro PC-cillin 2001
- does little harm to system performance
- easy to navigate user interface.
- short scanning time
- however, default setting to check exe files only, leaves users
vulnerable to other viruses
- email scanning protects eudora and outlook users only
- generally poorer antivirus fortifications
Mc Afee Office 3.11
- excellent virus detection abilities
- competitive price
- consistent user interface
- personal firewall to prevent against hackers
- however, slows down system by 11%
Aladdin eSafe Desktop 2.2
- free to home users
- innovative internet security feature
- however, lacks automatic update
- known to miss almost 50% of all viruses
Panda Antivirus Platinum 6.23
- solid antivirus detection and fortification
- tolerable scan time
- easy to use interface
- internet download updates
- however, expensive in comparison