Population: 1.2 million
Average Precipitation High: 315-320 (October)
Average Precipitation Low: <5 (May-Sept)
Currency Used: Jordanian Dinar (JOD)
· 40km North East of the Dead Sea
· Commerical, Industrial, and Administrative Centre
· Industries include the manufacture of textiles,
tobacco products, dry batteries, leather products,
tiles, and cement and the processing of flour and
other food products.
· A government-operated rail line, formerly part of Al
Hijaz (the Hejaz) Railway, links Amman with
Damascus, Syria, to the north. The city is also
served by Amman International Airport.
· Became the capital of newly independent Jordan