click for printable version
About This Site
Our Experiments with Hydroponics
How YOU Can Do Hydroponics
Send Us E-mail
Links and Resources
Translate this page into
Powered by FreeTranslation.com
S.H.A.R.P. Hydroponic Links
- Good information on what hydroponics is, why it works, and why bother with it. "Do It Yourself" has links to more information on why hydroponics is cool, a database of information on different plants, and more useful stuff. This site is trying to sell you a book on hydroponics, which detracts from its usefulness.
Home Grown Hydroponics
- Lots of information about the whole process of hydroponics. Includes a recipe for making a nutrient solution. This site also has a message board and a web ring, which might be useful.
CEA Hydroponic Lettuce Production
- Everything you ever wanted to know about growing lettuce hydroponically. Complete handbook for lettuce production. This site has loads of information (perhaps too much) and links to lots of different sites, but it's hard to know which sites are useful because they don't have descriptions.
Grow Your Own Vegetables Without Soil
- Good overview of hydroponics with background information, different types of hydroponic systems, and instructions on how to make a hydroponic system work. Includes a recipe for nutrient solution.
Hydroponics Resource Center for Inexpensive Hydroponic Startups
- This site is geared toward somebody doing hydroponics for profit. But it has good information about why you should do hydroponics, what the advantages are, different kinds of plants to grow, specific instructions, and more. Includes Ten Reasons You Should Be Interested in Hydroponics.
Growing Edge: Hydroponic Basics
- This highly useful site has lots and lots of information, including a tutorial, plans, tips, and a glossary. It tells you everything you need to know about getting started with hydroponics. This web site, while affiliated with commercial hydroponic companies, is actually for a hydroponics magazine.
Hydroponics: The Basics
- This helpful introductory site has good information on the whole process: why you should do hydroponics, anchorage, food, pH, oxygen, etc. Includes recipes for nutrient solutions for different plants. Very useful, very well-designed, and easy to understand.
HydroSun Plant Stand
- This site is useful if you are looking to buy a plant stand for hydroponics. It also might be good to look at if you are making your own plant stand.
Greenhouse and Hydroponic Vegetable Production
- Lots of links on this page, including general hydroponic resources and resources for growing different vegetables, including tomatoes, spinach, lettuce, and pak choi.
Basic Hydroponic Information
- An easy to read, well designed page with information about lighting, nutrients, set-ups, and other aspects of hydroponic gardening.
An Online Hydroponics Class
- This incredibly useful site has step-by-step instructions for every phase of making a hydroponic garden. It has lots of detail and is easy to understand (it is geared for younger kids).
© 2001 S.H.A.R.P.: The Super Hydroponic Awesome Radish Project. All rights reserved. Photographs from this page may not be used without permission.