These quizzes were made to test not only your attention to detail and
whether you absorb what you read, but also whether or not you understand
what happened during the conflict. These quizzes are based on the information
that is displayed and the answers that we classify as correct could
be subject to disagreement. Wherever possible, select the most correct
1) Despite the strict economies and retrenchments the Union was subject
to immediately after the war, what happened?
South Africa saw the South African Air Force established c
South Africa saw the South African Air Force disband
South Africa saw the South African Aviation Corps established
South Africa saw the SA Defence Act reconstituted
2) What was Col Pierre van Rynsveld commissioned to do by the Union
To get the South African Aviation Corps (SAAC) back on track
To assemble the Imperial gifts aircraft
To evolve the Union and acquire the necessary equipment
To distribute the Imperial gifts aircraft around South Africa
3) From who did the SAAF receive aircraft?
The South African Aviation Corps and other sources
A number of sources unbeknown to them
The Imperial Government and other sources
The Union Defence Force and other sources
4) How many aircraft were received in total by the SAAF?
none of the above
5) When was the South African Air Forces first base established?
6) What was the name of the farm acquired by the SAAF for their first
Zwartkop, near Roberts Heights
Swartkop, near Roberts Heights
Ysterplaat, near Cape Town
Roberts Heights (later Voortrekkerhoogte)
7) What is the name of the air force base where the headquarters are
8) What was the core and beginning of the 1st Squadron?
When No 1 Flight was established at Zwartkop and it was joined by a
When the SAAF acquired aircraft from the Imperial Government
When General Smuts flew to England and back
None of the above
9) What happened when the SA Defence Act was reconstituted in 1923?
They found that the SAAF was not necessary
They budgeted more money towards SAAF artillery
The Act declared the SAAF a temporary unit
The SAAF was listed as one of the corps in the Permanent Force
10) Has the SAAF grown since then?
Number 1 and 2
Your quiz score is