Click on the links from our discussion on the first Harry Potter book with Dr. Marilyn Draheim, Associate Professor of Education at the University of the Pacific. She is doing a reaserh project on Harry Potter and why kids and adults both love him!!!
2. What do you think is a twist in the book?
3. Do you feel that names mean something?
4. Isn't there a goblin? Pearce?
5. Are there any particular things that J. K. Rowling explains well?
6. To what extent do you think the author was successful in writing this book?
7. How would you feel if you had to live at Hogwarts?
8. What do you think of the mirror in the first book?
9. How did Harry get the Sorcerer's Stone?
10. Why do children like this book?
The complete 35 min. discussion: 8.9 MB