Arab Republic Of Egypt.
Northern Africa, bordering the Mediterranean Sea, between Libya and the Gaza Strip.
- Population: 66,000,000 in 2000.
- Area: 386,660 sq. mi.; 1,001,450 sq. km.
- Capital: Cairo.
- Currency: Egyptian Pound.
- Languages: Arabic, some people speaks English, French & other langauges.
- Religions: 94 % Muslims, 6 % Christian.
- Neighboring Countries: Israel, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Libya.
- Time Zone: GMT + 2. Egypt observes daylight saving time during the summer months.
- Business Hours: Government offices work Saturday through Thursday, with Friday as the day off. The private sector normally works five days a week, Sunday through Thursday.
- Ethnic Groups: 99 % Egyptian, 1 % other including Europians.
- General Map of Egypt:
Playing: Kol Ma Kool El Toba Midi
See other Pages In Our Quick Tour