|This monument stands wgere the bestroyed
Tenjin-machi used to be. Building demolition
word was being carried out on that day and
the droppong of the A-bomb cost many lives.
According to a man who wenty to took for
his family in the evening of August 6, the
area was still burning so furiously even
at six o'clock that he could not enter it.
This monument was built in February 1973 by those who remombered theur old neighborhood with prayers for the repose of the souls of the victims. On the front of the monument is written, "August 6, 1945", and the names of the victims of the former Tenjin-machi are carved on the plate placed upon the stone.
Return to "Tour of Peace Monuments"'s Top Page