The team of In Quest of a Nation spent several hectic months researching and developing this site. We would like to thank the following people for all the assistance they provided us.
Vir Amar Das Mahapatra
And last but not the least, the families of all the team members for their constant support and encouragement without which the site would never have been possible.
As you will notice our site has hundreds of images. We have credited each of them individually instead of attempting to list them out individually here. Our site has three categories of images.
1. Copyright images, which we reproduced with permission
2. Images not covered by any copyright but provided to us by organizations and individuals. These are the ‘Courtesy of" images of our site.
3. These images are the team’s own material and these do not bear any credits informaion on them.
Please note, all images, whatever the category were granted to the team specifically for the use in this contest. If you wish to use any of the images in this site, please get in touch with us at C006203@thinkquest.org and we will try our best to assist you in obtaining the required permission.
All music featured on this site was composed and performed by Madhuchandra Karmakar.
Our site used the following freeware programs developed by Philip Tellis.
Templates and CSS tutorials
Random Quote Program
These are available as free downloads from http://members.xoom.com/philip3/downloads/
We now include a complete bibliography of all the reference material we consulted during the development of our site.
Text or Multimedia from Web Pages, FTP sites, Telnet
Publications on CD-ROM, Diskette, or Magnetic Tapes
1. Microsoft Encarta
1. Brochures from the State Tourism Departments
Parts of a book
1. (Chapter I pages 3-13) Introduction to the Constitution of India by Durga Das Basu. Published by Prentice Hall of India (1997).
1. A history of India by Hermann Kulke and Dietmar Rothermund. Published by Rupa and Company (1993).
2. An Advanced History of India by R.C. Majumdar, H.C. Raychaudhuri and Kalikinkar Datta. Published by Macmillan India Limited (1988)
3. A history of India Volume 1 by Romila Thapar. Published by Penguin Books (1966).
4. Glimpses of History Part I by Xavier Pinto and E.G. Myall. Published by Frank Brothers and Company (1998)
5. A Religious and Cultural History of India by Charles Farro. Published General Printers and Publishers (1994)
6. A history of South India by Nilakanta Sastri. Published by the Oxford University Press (1996).
7. ICSE History and Civics by Majistha Bose. Published by Oxford University Press (1998)
8. Indian Classical Dance by Kapila Vatsyayan. Published by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India (1974)
9. NAD Understand Raga Music by Sandeep Bagchee 1998. Published by Eshwar (1998)
10. India Handbook by Robert and Roma Bradnock. Published by Illinois: Passport Books (1998)
11. Sangeet Visharat by Basant. Published by Sangeet Karlaya (1991)
12. Ancient India- A textbook for Class 11 by Ram Sharan Sharma. Published by NCERT (1984)
13. History for Class VI by Manjistha Bose. Published by Tata-McGraw Hill Publishing company (1995)
14. History for Class VII by Manjistha Bose. Published by Tata-McGraw Hill Publishing company (1994)
15. History for Class VIII by Manjistha Bose. Published by Tata-McGraw Hill Publishing company (1995)
16. India- 2001 by Hanna Veena and Warren Hitesh Myer. Published
by Indmark Publishing (1995).