Location and Orbit
The Atmosphere and
Interior and Physical Structure
Moons and Rings
Missions to Neptune
History and Timeline
References & Links
Check out the answers.
1) How many moons does Neptune have?
2) How fast are the Neptunian winds, the fastest in the solar system?
A) 500 kph
B) 1000 kph
C) 1500 kph
D) 2000 kph
3) The diameter of Neptune's Great Blue Spot is roughly equal to the diameter of:
4) For how many years in Pluto's orbital period is Neptune the outermost planet?
A) 12 years
B) 15 years
C) 18 years
D) 21 years
5) How does Neptune's structure differ from Jupiter and Saturn's?
A) It has no rocky core innermost.
B) It has no zone of metallic hydrogen.
C) It has a solid surface.
D) It doesn't generate an appreciable magnetosphere.
6) On Neptune, the ratio of heat recieved versus heat generated is:
7) Neptune, the elder brother of Jupiter, ruled over:
A) the sky
B) the dead
D) the sea
8) How much time elapsed between the discovery of Titian and Nereid, the first two moons spotted?
A) Spotted simultaneously
B) 50 years
C) 75 years
D) 100 years
9) What was Neptune's sole man-made visitor?
A) Voyager 1
B) Voyager 2
C) Pioneer 11
D) Pioneer 12
10) In 1846, after Neptune was found following Le Verrier's calculations, what name did Le Verrier suggest?
B) La France
C) Le Verrier
Copyright © 2000 by Gary Chan and Matthew McDermott. All rights reserved.