Effects of Bombs...
* When the bomb (Little boy) was dropped on the Japanese city, Hiroshima, on August 6, most of the city was destroyed and about 75000 people were killed.
* When the bomb ( Fat Man) was dropped on the Japanese city Nagasaki on August 9, about 39000 people.
* First atomic bomb explosion was near Alamogordo, New Mexico, on July 16, 1945. The blast was so powerful that a steel tower disintegrated as a result of vaporization and the sand in an 800-yard radius fused to glass
Thus, the Japanese surrendered the next day.
* The blast and heat produced by a single nuclear explosion would destroy an entire city while the radiation given off would destroy or damage all living things and remain in the atmosphere for a long time.
* Radioactive dust cause sickness and death to a large number of people.
* Hydrogen bombs are far more destructive than atomic bombs. The energy in a hydrogen bomb results from the fusion (combining) of hydrogen atoms.
* Because of its military importance, little information has been published on the construction of the atomic bomb.
DEFINITION OF BOMBS
PARTS OF BOMBS
TYPES OF BOMBS
ATOM & HYDRO BOMB