ThinkQuest Citations and References
1. Images of Einstein, Galileo, Maxwell, Newton,
2. Java applets for light, sound and waves found
from NTNU Virtual Physics Laboratory
3. Java applets for transverse and longitudinal wave found at /C005705/English/Waves/wavetypes.htm from Physical Science 100 http://einstein.byu.edu/~masong/HTMstuff/TOC.html, firstname.lastname@example.org . August 2000. Email message.
Electronic Sources Text or Multimedia from Web Pages, FTP sites, Telnet
1. Henderson, Tom "The Physics Classroom."
Waves. 1998 <http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/gbssci/phys/Class/waves/wavestoc.html>
2. "California Space Institute Scripps Institution of Oceanography." Waves . 2000 <http://earthguide.ucsd.edu/GlobalChanges/Waves.htm> (May 2000) - This site explains what a wave is and it's behavior.
3. "Physics 20 - Waves." <http://www.sasked.gov.sk.ca/docs/physics/u220phy.html> (May 2000) - This site takes a look at waves, their properties and their impact on science.
4. "Particle-like wave behaviour" <http://www.qmw.ac.uk/~zgap118/3/> (June 2000) - This explains the particle nature of waves.
5.Columbia University Press "Interference." 1995 <http://www.neutron.anl.gov/interfer.htm> (June 2000) - This is a definition of interference with respect to waves.
6. "Wave Interference." <http://id.mind.net/~zona/mstm/physics/waves/
7. Dave "Webhelp Home." <http://depts.washington.edu/ubms/webhelp> (June 2000) - This site talks about the different aspects of multimedia web content.
8. "Light" <http://www.mustsee.co.il/hebrew/yeda2000/light/light.html> (July 2000) - This sight talks about the nature of light.
Electronic Sources Publications on CD-ROM, Diskette, or Magnetic Tapes
1. Watson, Earnest C. "Wave Motion" Microsoft Encarta Online Encyclopedia 2000 http://encarta.msn.com. 1997-2000 Microsoft Corporation
Printed Materials Entire book
1. Roller, Duane E; Blum, Ronald.Physics Volume One Mechanics Waves and Thermodynamics. California: Holden-Day, Inc. 1981
2. Resnick, Robert; Halliday, David. Physics. New York: John Wiley Sons, Inc. 1981
3. Gardener, Robert. Experimenting with Sound. New York: Franklin Watts. 1991
4. Wood, Robert W. Physics for Kids: 49 Easy Experiments with Acoustics. Blue Ridge Summit, PA: Tab Books. 1991
5. Efron, Alexander. Exploring Sound. New York: Hayden Book Companty, Inc. 1969
6. Speyer, Edward. Six Roads from Newton: Great Discoveries in Physics. New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc. 1994.
7. Motz, Loyd; Weaver, Jefferson Hane. The Story of Physics. New York: Plenum Press. 1989.
8. Ohanian, Hans C. Principles of Physics. New York: W.W. Nortan and Company. 1994.
9. Asimov, Isaac. The History of Physics. New York: Walker and Company. 1966.