Right for you?
Living in the U.S.
Studying in the U.S.
Ok, so you're all set, ready to go. Here's a few last bits of travel advice
before you head on over to the states.
- Drink lots of water on the plane ride over, the last thing you want is to be
dehydrated when you arrive.
- Pack lightly, don't bring everything you own.
- Take care of accommodation details before you arrive in the states. The last
thing you want is a huge hotel bill.
- Make sure all of your paperwork is taken care of and your visa and passport
are in order.
- Take care of transferring any money and setting up a U.S. bank account.
- Try to arrange to arrive a little before classes begin. That will give you a
chance to explore and settle in.
Be a Tourist
If you have time to be a tourist for awhile before
school begins take advantage of the opportunity. Each state in the U.S. is
unique with different attractions and natural beauties. take a look at the official websites for each individual state in the country: