Credits & Grades
Finding A Program
Tips for Academic Success
- Make sure you go to the first day of class.
- Expect to receive a "syllabus" on the first day of class. The syllabus
is basically an outline of the course's objectives and the material to be covered and lists due
dates for assignments, examination dates, the professor's name and contact
information. Make sure you keep each of your course syllabi for the duration of the course.
- Pay close attention to instructions given at the beginning of the course
about how the class will be conducted and how grades will be determined.
- Try not to miss any classes and if possible attend all of the classes.
- Take notes.
- Participate in the class discussions.
- If you don't understand something, ask your instructor for clarification.
Most professors will understand that sometimes they go too fast for you to
comprehend and write down.
- Ask questions. Even if you think a question is dumb you may not be the only
one asking it in your head.