Buying a Car
Most teenagers start smoking because they think it is cool. The following are
a few other smoking myths:
- Only heavy smoking is fatal.
- Stopping smoking after many years has little effect.
- Smoking only kills people in old age.
Approximately 30 percent of 18 to 25 year olds in the United States smoke. If
you are one of them, here are some of the benefits of quitting:
- You can taste and smell food better.
- Your breath smells better.
- Your cough goes away.
- You save money.
- You protect friends and family members from secondhand smoke.
- You reduce your risk of lung and other cancers, heart disease, stroke and
other lung diseases and respiratory illnesses.
For more information about kicking the smoking habit, call 1-800-4-CANCER.
Courtesy: Center for Substance Abuse Prevention