Safety on Campus
Your 1st Year
Compared to classrooms in many countries, United States'
classrooms tend to be informal. But there are some very important basic rules:
- Arrive on time for class.
- Do your homework.
- Review your notes from the previous lecture and reading for the day.
- Talk to your professor about any problems before class. Don't do it at the
beginning of class in the presence of other students.
- Don't monopolize the professor's time in class. They may be available later
to discuss your questions and constantly asking questions in class can sometimes
make you come across as "teacher's pet."
- Avoid getting distracted. Don't fidget, daydream, look
around the room, talk, pass notes, or sleep.
- Treat your professor with the respect. If they are a Dr. they earned that
title, use it.