Choosing a College
Take advantage of your high school counseling facilities. It's
free and there for your use. It should have books and computer programs available
for your use. You will need a number of items before you search for different
schools and apply to them. This is a partial list:
- G.P.A. and your current school rating
- Standardized test scores
- Letters of recommendation
- Search for financial assistance
- A major you may wish to pursue
- Match these against the college curriculum and acceptance standard.
- Are location, cost, and class size important?
- Have you considered your alternatives to college?