I know the last thing you're wanting right now is more advice, but, there are
several things you should know before joining an independent learning program.
Importance Of An Accredited College or University -
No matter what course you decide
you want to take via an independent learning
program make sure to take it from an accredited institution. This
is an assurance of quality of curriculum and instruction. Credits earned in the correspondence program of an accredited institution are
more likely to be
transferable to other institution. In addition, many employers who pay course
fees for employees will insist that the employee relying on the
employer-provided tuition take courses at an accredited institution.
Questions to Ask Before Registration -
There are several things you need to know before registering for an
independent learning course. Knowing the answers to these questions will make
the entire course go smoother for you.
- How many of my correspondence credits will be accepted towards my degree
by my institution of choice?
- How will I communicate with my instructor?
- Is the program's external degree program accepted by other colleges,
employers, and certification agencies?
- Will the college or high school of my choice accept the course credit and
apply it toward my graduation?
- Will this course be acceptable towards gaining my
- Will this course give me credit?