The City of Curtea de Arges
The city is located in the Arges county, far south of the Fagaras Mountain and can be reached from the Transfagaras road.
It is certified in the old papers since 1330 and in 1369 it was the capital of the "Tara Romaneasca" (Romanian country), an old part of
It holds very important historical and architectural monuments as the Kings Court
and Church and the Curtea de Arges Monastery built from 1512 to 1517 by
Neagoe Basarab, the ruler of Tara Romaneasca.
The Curtea de Arges Monastery