There is much to do and learn in Olympia. Here are some facts about Olympia that might help you if you ever visit. Olympia is the capitol of Washington State. It is one of the most important cities in Washington.
1. Olympia holds home to about 36,740 people.
2. There are over 21 different parks (750 acres of land).
3. There are four state parks in our city.
4. In 1996 the Olympic torch was brought through Olympia.
5. Washington's capitol was completed in 1928, it was also the last domed capitol built in the United States.
6. Peter Puget was the first person to explore Budd Inlet.
7. Capitol Lake is actually a man-made lake. Made for people that work in the Legislative Building in order to have a better view.
8. There are 7 radio stations in Olympia.
9. Native Americans that lived in Olympia used to call Olympia, "The Black Bear Place".
10: There are two capitols buildings in Olympia. The first one was made in the middle of the town because it was the most populated area.
Quiz yourself on all of the above