||What you need:
an empty half-gallon cardboard milk carton
a pair of scissors
just about two feet of wire- strong and light so it can hold the weight of the bird house
two nails and a hammer
some dried grass
some packing tape
What to Do: 1. First, open the hole top of the carton and make sure its rinsed well.
2. Use the scissors to cut a hole big enough for a bird to fit through in one side of the carton a couple of inches below where the top fold is. That will be the door.
3. On the other side of the carton make two holes that are one on top of another with a nail. They should each be 1/3 away from the bottom or top.
4. Put the wire through the top hole and the then through the bottom hole from the inside out.
5. Put some dried grass inside the carton as a bed for the birds.
6. Close the carton again and seal it tightly with packing tape.
7. Find a good sturdy tree nearby and hammer the nails in about a foot apart, one above the other.
8. Hang the birdhouse by wrapping the wire very tightly around each nail.
9. Enjoy watching a bird family live in your homemade birdhouse!