EXECUTIVE SUMMARY- This describes your business.
1. What is your business?
2. What is your product or service?
3. Why do you think this business will make a profit?
4. Why do you want to open this particular business?
5. Why are you interested in this business?
COMPANY DESCRIPTION-Tell the basic details of the business.
1. What is your product or service?
2. What will make your product attractive to the costumer?
1. What is your industry?
2. Have there been recent changes in your industry?
3. What special opportunities exist in your industry?
TARGET MARKET- Tell about the people that will buy your product or service.
1. Who is your target market? (Age, gender , etc.)
2. Who will be your customers?
3. What are the buying patterns of your potential customers? (What
percent of your
potential customers would buy your product or service?)
4. What do your customers like?
5. What do your customers dislike?
6. What is the size of your target market?(How many people in your area that are in your target market.?)
7. Are there any special trends of your target market?(explain them)
8. How will you keep your customers happy? (Customer satisfaction)
9. Is there any other important information from your market survey?
1. Who are your major competitors?
2. How do you compare to your competitors?
3. Is there a potential for new competitors in the near future?
4. What barriers exist to entering the business? (License requirements
or access to
MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
1. Where will you advertise?(Newspaper, radio, television, web pages,
2. What will you say to promote your business?
3. Will you have a slogan? (What is it?)
4. When will you begin to advertise?(Be sure it is before you
plan to open.)
OPERATION - This tells how your business runs from day to day.
1. Where will your business be? (Be sure to check zoning laws
in your area.)
2. What kind of building will you use?
3. How will customers place orders?
4. How will you fill orders?
5. How will you deliver the product?
6. What will be your days and hours of business? (When will you
MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION- The success of a business is determined by the quality of its people.
1.Who will the manager be?
2. How many employees will there be?
3. Who will the employees be?
4. When will the employees begin work? (Before you open to allow for training.)
LONG TERM PLANS AND EXIT PLAN
1. What is the ultimate goal for this business? (Long term goal)
2. What short term goals will help you reach your long term goal?
3. When will you open? (Date for first day of business)
4. When will you close or sell out?
5. When will you introduce a new product?
FINANCIAL- Money matters
1. What form of chart or program will you use to keep track of
the money? (Will you use a
2. What sources of income will you have?
A. What products will you sell?
B. How much will the products or services cost?
3. What sources of expenses will you have?
A. What will you pay the employees?
B. How many employees will you have?
C. What will materials or products cost?
D. Will you pay rent?(How much?)
E. How much will utilities cost?
4. How much cash do you need to start your business?
5. How much do you need to make to break even or make a profit each month?
6. Where will you get the money for your business?(Loan?)
7. Will you need other investors and who will they be?