The Revolutionary Game
Want to play the game? Answer the questions and check your score!
1) General ________ surrendered to the Continental Army at the Battle of Yorktown.
2) Why didn't King George lll respond to the Olive Branch Petition?
A) He was very angry with the colonists
B) He didn't think he was wrong
C) All of the above
3) At the battle of Fort Ticonderoga, the colonists made a surprise attack on the English. Why do you think it worked?
A) The colonists were scared
B) The colonists ate their vegetables and were strong
C) The English weren't prepared
4) Why did the colonists declare war on Britain?
A) They enjoyed killing people
B) They gave England another chance but they didn't take it
C) They wanted to see the face on King George lll after he lost the war
5) What is a "lobsterback"?
A) A colonial soldier
B) A british soldier
C) A guy in a lobster suit
6) Do Loyalists help or hinder the British?
7) Why do you think other countries joined the colonists during the war?
A) They were spys for Britain
B) They were enemies of Britain
C) They liked how the colonists dressed
8) The battle of ________ ended the war.
9) How many countries sided with the colonies?
10) How did the colonists prove they were prepared for war?
A) They bent metal with their bare hands
B) They took a good fight and killed many people
C) They ate dirt
11) Why was a Bill of Rights added?
A) Because Britain asked politely for one.
B) Because the colonists said that other documents had one and asked why the Constitution didn't. So the delegates promised to add one later.
C) Because the colonists revolted and got one.
12) Who formed a group of farmers to protest against the courts of Massachusetts?
A) George Washington
B) Rosie O' Donnell
C) Daniel Shays
13) Which one of these people were at the Peace Talks?
A) Henry Laurens
B) Thomas Jefferson
C) Alex Trebek
14) Where did George Washington take the president's oath of office?
A) New York City
B) Washington D.C.
15) What did America get as a result of the Treaty of Paris of 1783?
A) Cable T.V.
B) A president
C) Their independence
16) In the Boston Massacre _____ people were shot:
17) The colonists dressed up as __________ in the Boston Tea Party:
A) Mohawk Indians
B) Onieda Indians
C) Navajo Indians
D) Cheyenne Indians
18) The Stamp Act was passed in ___________:
19) The Declaration Committee was composed of ________ people.
20) The Intolerable Acts were a punishment for the:
A) Boston Tea Party
B) First Continental Congress
C) Second Continental Congress
D) All of the above
21) When King George tried to take control of New England it was called the _________ of New England.
22) What group invaded Fort Ticonderoga that was led by Ethan Allen?
A) Green Mountain Boys
B) Blue Hill Girls
C) Green Mountain Men
23) The ______ Act put taxes on pamphlets and newspapers.
24) What year was the constitution written?
25) Who was the general of the continental army?
A) Super Mario
B) General Cornwallis
C) George Washington
|Click Here to check your answers|