1. Your heart has to send blood through the blood vessels. People with more fat have more fat deposits that clog the vessels.
2. Exercise helps lose that fat and unclog the vessels.
3. Exercise helps keep our bodies working and strong.
4. Exercise increases energy, helps reduce stress, and helps you sleep more soundly.
5. Stress is a risk factor for heart disease. Exercise is one of the best ways to reduce stress.
6. Exercise improves your ability to use oxygen.
7. Exercise also provides the energy needed for special activities.
8. Exercise helps prevent heart attack and stroke.
Back to Facts or Home