Directions: Read each question until you understand it. Think about your answers and click on one of the underlined choices. See if a friend will take this with you.
1. How big is your heart?
a. as big as your foot
b. as big as a button
c. as big as your fist
2. How much does your heart weigh?
a. less than 1 pound
b. more than 2 pounds
c. less than 3 pounds
3. Where in your body is your heart located?
a. on the right side of your body
b. in the middle of your chest
c. to the left of your body
4. Which of these are a part of your circulatory system?
d. all of the above
5. What does exercise do for your body?
a. strengthens your bones and muscles
b. stresses you out
c. makes your heart weak
6. Jumping rope is not a cardiovascular exercise.
7. What does exercise help prevent?
a. a cold
b. heart attack and stroke
c. nothing, it's just for fun
8. Your heart never stops.
9. What is stroke volume?
a. when you have a stroke
b. the amount of blood that pumps out with each beat
c. when you can hear a stroke
10. Exercise helps keep you healthy and strong.
Back to Links to Facts or Home