KIDS KITE SITE
1 ) Benjamin Franklin used a kite to investigate electricity.
2) The kite is named after a bird from the flamingo family.
3) The most common design for a kite is :
4) The Egyption people thought that if a kite flew over someone's house, it would drive the evil spirits away.
5) Military Generals used kites in wars.
6) When flying a box kite, the wind should be blowing at around 15-30mph.
7) Kites have been know to pick up people and fly them through the air.
8) There is a type of kite that is used to pull people through water and on land.
9) You should not secure your kite while bringing it down.
10) Every kite should have a tail.
11) Some kites are so big that it can take up to two people to hold them down.
12) Since the 1870's, kites have been used to lift cameras for aerial photography.