How do glaciers change landforms?
1.Spread the newspapers over a table. Lay the wax paper over it.
2.Sprinkle 60cc of sand over the wax paper.
3.Take the ice cube, this represents the
glacier. Press on it while you move it across the sand
which represents rocks and dirt. What happens?
What you created is a gorge.
4 Text books
Sand, Dirt, Rocks
2 Small Plastic Containers
1. Fill the containers halfway with water.
2. Add the sand , dirt, and rocks to one container.
3. Put both the containers in the freezer, and leave there until they are frozen.
4. Remove the containers from the freezer, and take the ice out. Let them sit for 10 min.
5. Lay the board against the textbook to make a slope
6. Place the block without the sand on the top of the board. Time how long it takes for it to get to the bottom.
7. Next place the block with the sand
at the top of the board. Time how long it takes to get to the
Return to Other