MARBLING MUMBO JUMBO HISTORY QUIZ!
(1) In 1848 What happened in Germany that revolutionized the production of marbles?
The marble scissors were invented.
The first known book on marbles was published.
The first machine made marbles appear in the U.S.A.
(2) What did the eight Polish and Dutch glass blowers do in America??
Got sea sick on the way to America
Created the first factory in America
Were part of the first voyage to America
(3) In 1950, in Japan, what marble was created for the first time?
The cats eye
(4) How long has the National Marbles Tournament been going on?
(5) In 1960 what famous space case described the Earth as "A big blue marble?"
Ham the first chimpanzee to take a suborbital space flight.
John Glenn the oldest man in space.
Neil Armstrong the first man on the moon.
(6) What is the most popular marble material today?
(7) In 1607 a crew of adventurous _____________ landed in Jamestown, Virginia?
(8) What is a master glass blower called?
(9) A fireproof clay pot used in glass making is called a _______________?
(10) To bend and twist glass a glass blower would use a ______________ to do so?