LEARN MORE ABOUT CRYSTALS:
GROW A REAL CRYSTAL GARDEN !!
Warning!! Do not try this without permission and help from your parents.
Ammonia - 2 tbsp. (It's an irritant. Keep away from face!)
Water - 2 tbsp.
Iodine - 10 drops
Food coloring - 10 drops
Small lumps of coal
Salt - 2 tbsp.
Mercurochrome - 10 drops
1. Arrange the coal along the bottom of the glass dish.
2. In another container mix 2 tablespoons of salt, ammonia, water, and mercurochrome.
3. Pour this solution over the coal.
4. Scatter ten drops of mercurochrome, iodine, and food coloring over the top.
5. A crystal garden will begin to form in several days as the moisture evaporates.
6. Add more of the solution to increase the size of the crystals.
Go back to the Mining Tunnels!