1. Never give out personal information like your last name, phone number, address, telephone number, parent's work address/telephone number, or the name or location of of your school without a parent or teacher's permission.
2. Never give out your on-line passwords to anyone, even your friends. Also, it would be a good idea to change your password frequently.
3. Never agree to get together with someone you "meet" on-line without first checking and talking it over with your parents. If your parents agree to the meeting, be sure that it's in a public place and have your parents go with you! Never at your house!
4. Never send a person your picture or anything else without first checking with your parents.
5. Never respond to any messages that make you feel uncomfortable in any way. If you receive a message that gives you those feelings, tell your parents or teacher right away so that they can contact the on-line service.
6. Talk to your parents so that you can make rules for going on-line that are safe and fair.
7. Be careful when someone offers you something for nothing, such as gifts and money.
8. Don't tell anyone on-line that you're home alone.
9. No name calling, cursing, or other unacceptable language should be used when talking on-line.
10. Always ask your parents before downloading anything or before filling out guestbooks. Some programs may have viruses that can damage your computer.
11. There are some places on the Internet only for adults. If you happen to find yourself at one of these sites, leave immediately! Then, go tell your parents what happened.
12. Never enter a chatroom or other discussion group on-line without first checking with your parents.
13. Never give your E-mail address out without first checking with your parents.
14. If you are in a chatroom and an inappropriate discussion comes up, leave immediately!
you can, keep your computer in an open place so that your parents can see
what you're doing on-line.