1. Power plants are underground.
2. Buffer zones are to be around all residential areas.
3. Airports are located away from residential zones. Planes, jets and helicopters are to take off and land via the ocean side away from residential areas.
4. Trees are surrounding parks to block out noise.
5. School must be ten or more miles away from industrial areas.
6. Zoos should be by commercial areas and should be surrounded by heavy planting and an attractive ten foot wall.
7. Residential areas are at least 2 miles from industrial areas.
8. Residential areas area at at least 1/2 mile away from the freeway.
9. Commercial zones within 100 feet of residential areas are closed by 10:00 P.M.
10. All entertainment buildings are soundproof.
11. Recreation centers are soundproof.
12. All government buildings must be soundproofed.
14. Schools should be soundproofed in high noise areas.
Back to Laws
BACK TO HOME PAGE