People with diabetes have almost the same nutritional needs as any other people. Diabetes does not change the things that you should eat and nutritional habits you should practice. Like anybody else ,they should not eat to many sugary and oily foods. You should eat a lot of fruits, vegetables, meat, and grains ( Bread, Cereal, rice, and pasta).This can help you control your blood sugar, and acheive a desirable weight. This food guide pyramid can plan what you should eat everyday.
The goals of people with diabetes should be this:
1) Good control of your blood sugar
2) Better blood fat levels
3) More normal blood pressure
4) Acheiving a healthy weight
These can be obtained by healthy eating and regular exercise.
Eat a lot of foods. No single food will supply all the nutrients your boby needs.
Eat at all regular times. Do not skip any meals.
Avoid foods with a lot of sugar- like : desserts ,cake, pie, honey, syrup, and regular sodas.
Choose a lot of high fiber foods to eat.
Focus on cutting the fat in your diet.
6 tablespoons reduced-calorie stick margarine
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon chocolate extract
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
4 tsp Sweet'n Low
1/4 c liquid egg substitute
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp grated orange peel
1/2 c buttermilk
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp crean of tarter
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside. In a small paan over medium heat, melt 2 TSP margarine; remove from heat. Stir in coca and chocolate extract. Set aside to cool. Into small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In l large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, crean remaining margararine, sugar, 1/2 of Seet'n Low, egg substitute, vanilla dn orange peel. Beat in reserved chocolate mixture. Add flour mixture. Add flour minture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour and beating well after each addition.
3. In a large bowl with electric mixer at high speed, egg white, cream of tartar and remaining Sweet'n Low until stiff peaks form. spoon into prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes or until wooden tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean Cool 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on rack.
Serving size: 1/2 recipe
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Fat
Nutrition: 112 Calories, 3g Protein, 18g Carbo, 4g Fat
gross Anatomy home Remedies childhood diseases history of Medicine aches and pains