- The climate in the southwest can go up to 157 F. in Southwestern Arizona. The lowest
temperature recorded in the southwest is -50 F. in Southern New Mexico.
- The yearly precipitation is 86 in., mostly out of Oklahoma.
- Campbell, Earl- Basketball
- Crocket, David- American Frontiersman
- Eisenhower, Dwight- President
- Holly, Buddy- Singer
- Mantle, Mickey- Baseball player
- Ryan, Nolan- Baseball player
- Staubach, Roger- Football player
- Plains- Low, flat land.
- Rocky Mountains- A mountain range that runs through the northern
part of New Mexico.
- Plateau- Mountains with flat tops.
- Arizona- 2,718,425
- New Mexico- 1,303,445
- Oklahoma- 3,157,604
- Texas- 14,229,191
- Total - 21,408,665
- Dairy Products
- Electrical Equipment
- Metal Products
- Processed Food
- Farming: Beef cattle, citrus fruits, cotton, dairy cows, grain sorghum, hay, melons,
rice, sheep, vegetables, wheat
- Fishing: Crabs, fish, oysters, shrimp
- Mining: Coal, copper, natural gas, oil, potash, silver, uranium
- Grand Canyon, Meteor Canyon-Arizona
- Gila Wilderness, Carlsbad Caverns-New Mexico
- Fort Sill, Washita Battle Field-Oklahoma
- Lyndon Johnson Space Center, Alamo-Texas