- Louisiana has the warmest average July temperature of 82 F.
Kentucky has the coldest average January temperature of 34 F.
- The yearly precipation for the Southeast region is about 606 in. a
year. That includes snowfall and rainfall.
- DeSoto, Herhando- Spanish Explorer
- Madison, James- 4th President
- King Jr., Martin Luther- Civil Rights Leader
- Lincoln, Abraham- 16th President
- Great Smoky Mountains,
- Appalachian Mountains
- Coastal Plain
- Big Cypress Swamp
- Blue Ridge Mountains
- North Carolina: 5,881,813
- South Carolina: 3,122,814
- West Virgina: 1,950,258
- electrical equipment
- dairy products
- farming- beef, fruits, hogs, poultry, rice, sugarcane, vegetables
- fishing- shrimp, fish, clams, lobsters, scallops
- mining- oil, zinc, coal, iron, natural gas
- Stone Mountain
- Mammoth Cave
- St. Augustine