Our survey covered rankings from moderate 1100to stronger 2600 players, who had played chess from 1 to 30 years, and rangedfrom 13 to 45 years old (25 people). We discovered that the higher rankedplayer was more likely to eat lighter and more healthy food than the moremoderate player, who opted for fast food. Although drinking water and softdrinks were reported, orange juice was the most common drink among all players.
CALLING ALL CHESS PLAYERS
Food and drink are important,
When you play the game of chess.
Please tell us what you eat and drink,
Be honest and confess!
Please take a few moments and respond to our survey. We are lookingto see if there is a relationship between food and drink intake and chessperformance.
1. What is your ranking?______
2. How long have you played?_______
3. What do you eat for breakfast before a tournament?________
4. What do you eat between tournament games?______________
5. What do you drink at breakfast before a tournament?________
6. What do you drink between tournament games?______________
7. What grade are you in? or your age; ___ 18-30; ___31-40; ___41-50;
Will plays chess for recreation. Allthough he's notinvolved in competitive chess, he's been known for pushing a few pawns anduttering "checkmate!"
Jake learned to play chess at 10 and has been playingin competition for about 1 and1/2 years. He's won the elementary City Schoolchampionship, the elementary state championship, and he was one of fourmen who won second in the nationals. He just returned as captain of histeam with the elementary state team championship. His greatest chess pleasureis saying "checkmate" to an unhappy master!