- Peanut butter on graham crackers or whole wheat toast
- Open-faced grilled cheese on whole wheat bread
- Honey on whole wheat pancakes
- Plain yogurt with honey and toasted wheat germ
- Banana milk shake: (put in a banana, a cup of milk, a raw egg [DON'T WORRY, YOU WON'T TASTE IT!!!] and teaspoon of honey in the blender)
Dessert & Snack Ideas....
- Mix shelled nuts, raisins, and sunflower seeds together. Pour the mixture into small plastic bags, and tie the bags - you can carry this anywhere!
- Roll a peeled banana in honey, and they roll it in finely ground nuts. Insert a stick at the bottom of the banana so you can handle it easily. Then, put the banana in the freezer for at least one hour.
- Spread out pineapple chunks (the kind that come in their own natural juice) on a tray. Freeze them for at least an hour so they stay in individual pieces. Take the frozen pieces and put them into snack plastic bags, then tie the bags and put them back into the freezer. They're great snacks for hot days!
- Pour fruit juice into any ice tray and freeze them. You're making your own fruitsicles.
- Try some new popcorn: PEANUT POPCORN! Mix six cups of freshly popped corn and one cup of peanuts. Melt 1/4 cup of butter and one tablespoon of peanut butter (in the microwave) and toss it over the mixture of popcorn & peanuts.
- Slice apples, oranges, and bananas. Add a dallop of fresh whipped cream on top.
-Add 2 tablespoons of frozen orange juice concentrate to one glass of club soda - you're making orange soda!'
-Fruit punch: combine pineapple juice, strawberries, and honey in a blender.
- Try a FRUIT milk shake! Blend together 1/2 cup of fresh berries, a teaspoon of honey, a teaspoon of lemon juice, and a cup of milk in a blender.
Siegal, Alice and McLoone, Margoo. It's a Girl's Game Too New York: Rinehart and Winston Helt, 1980, pp. 18-20