1. Moraine are the minerals that get carried by the glacier.
2. The bigger the glacier the faster it moves.
3. Glaciers grow through the accumulation of snow.
4. Large glaciers can carry boulders.
5. Over 225 million years ago, Brazil, Africa, India, Australia were covered by icecaps and glaciers.
6. Between the years 1850 and 1950, most of the world's glaciers got smaller.
7. In North America the continental glaciers covered more than 4,800,000 miles.
8. Above the United States, the ice extended across Canada to the Arctic Ocean in the Ice Age.
9. The largest present glacier is in Colorado, calledthe Arpaho.
10. End or marginal moraines are thick broad belts along the front of a continental glacier.